The Oregon Department of Forestry, Central Oregon District, will terminate Regulated Use Closure (Public Restrictions) effective at 12:01 Tuesday October 9, 2018.
As a result of terminating Regulated Use, the following activities will no longer be restricted.
- Campfires, charcoal and cooking fires are allowed.
- Chainsaws can be used all day long.
- Cutting, grinding and welding can occur all day long.
- Motor vehicles, including motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles can be driven off road.
- Mowing of dried grass is can occur all day long.
- Fireworks and blasting are no longer restricted.
Fire Season is still in effect at this time (which requires fire equipment on logging sites with a fire watch).
In addition, the burn ban in Hood River and Wasco counties are still in effect at this time.