ODF The Dalles is now in Regulated Use Closure.
This means that all lands protected by the Central Oregon Forest Protection District have the following restrictions:
- Smoking is prohibited while traveling except in vehicles on improved roads.
- Open fires are prohibited except in designated areas. These include campfires, charcoal fires, cooking fires, and warming fires. Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottled fuels are allowed. Open fires are allowed if conducted in compliance with a valid Burning Permit issued pursuant to ORS 477.515.
- Chainsaw use is prohibited between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. Chainsaw use is permitted at all other hours if the following firefighting equipment is present with each operating saw: one axe, one shovel, and one operational 8 ounce or larger fire extinguisher. In addition a fire watch is required at least one hour following the use of each saw.
- Cutting, grinding, and welding of metal is prohibited between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. At all other times the area is to be cleared of flammable vegetation and the following fire equipment is required: one axe, one shovel, and one operational 2 1⁄2 pound or larger fire extinguisher in good working order.
- The use of motor vehicles, including motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles, is prohibited except on improved roads and except for vehicle use by a landowner and employees of the landowner upon their own land while conducting activities associated with their livelihood.
- When driving vehicles other than all-terrain vehicles and motorcycles not on federal and state highways, county roads and driveways the following firefighting equipment is required: one shovel and one gallon of water or one operational 21⁄2 pound or larger fire extinguisher. All-terrain vehicles and motorcycles must be equipped with an approved spark arrestor in good working condition.
- Mowing of dried grass with power driven equipment is prohibited, between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., except for the commercial culture and harvest of agricultural crops.
- Use of fireworks is prohibited.
- Blasting is prohibited.
- Any electric fence controller in use shall be: 1) Listed be a nationally recognized testing laboratory or be certified by the Department of Consumer and Business Services; and 2) Operated in compliance with manufacturer’s instructions.